Hi Rémi,

thanks for your reply - note that my patch is merely the result of an effort to
meet the requirement of making the single-value storage suggested in the
discussion on https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8031043 fast. This
appears to be difficult. I agree that the performance isn't good enough to
warrant integrating this code, especially given the complexity.

In fact, I think the obvious solution (reducing the initial hash table size to
2) should be chosen. It introduces no performance penalty, reduces footprint,
and otherwise leaves the complex code untouched.

Thanks for pointing out the oddity in removeSingleEntry - this I overlooked in
one of the refactorings. :-)

BTW the VarHandles implementation is on the way to not needing ClassValue any
more.

Best,

Michael

--

 <http://www.oracle.com/>
Dr. Michael Haupt | Principal Member of Technical Staff

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992
München

Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V. | Hertogswetering 163/167,
3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande
Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697
 <http://www.oracle.com/commitment>     Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment