Hi

[2021-06-06 15:28] Juergen Lorenz <j...@jugilo.de>
> thanks for the info. But I still have a question: What's the format of
> the Metafile-extension profile entry? The man page of whatnow2 only
> speaks of an optional extion, what's that? A filename or a
> file-extension?

It's just a string. whatnow2 will use it as an extention to the filename.
So lets use my config as an example. I have following in my profile:

        Metafile-Extension: .meta

Lets asume the draft has the message number 1. So the filename is ``1''
and the filename for the state is ``1.meta''. So you can use all[0]
charrecter your FS supports. I recommend stick to printable ascii.

Philipp

[0] expection: leading and trailing white space will be stript by mmh and
    all white space charrecters will be translated to space.