On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 6:05:28 PM UTC+8, bruce.cha...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> After install and setup program runs and functions, except there is no menu.
> There are icons which work but no "File ..."
>
> Downloaded tar from http://mnemosyne-proj.org/download-mnemosyne.php today,
> version displayed is 2.3.6
>
> I have deleted and reinstalled same result.
>
> I have reloaded dependencies as per readme, same result.
>
> When running 'python setup.py install' two warnings are displayed:
>
>   1)   Unknown distribution option: 'app'
>   2)   Unknown distribution option: 'windows'
>
> Otherwise no issues with setup.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Bruce

Hi Peter

Thanks for your prompt response.

Running 2.3.6 from terminal produces no errors, program runs without menu but
otherwise it runs.

No errors are logged that I can find, e.g. /var/log etc

Just tried installing via apt (installs 2.2.1-3) and all works.

Thanks for your input. Should have tried that option first.

Kind Regards Bruce