From: mnemosyne-proj-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:mnemosyne-proj-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of omha...@gmail.com
Sent: 04 September 2017 20:32
To: mnemosyne-proj-users <mnemosyne-proj-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [mnemosyne-proj-users] Alt+numpad character codes no longer working

Hello --

First of all, thanks to Peter for a great piece of software I've used for eight
years now! Today, having recently acquired a new computer, I finally took the
plunge and upgraded from version 1.1, which I've been using all this time. On
this change, I've encountered one snag which is certainly not critical, but
nevertheless slightly annoying.

Being a Windows user, I've become accustomed to using the "Alt+0xxx" way of
entering characters not directly available on the keyboard. For instance, if I
need the character "ç", I hold the Alt key while typing "0231" on the numpad
(as I did just there in this sentence). Now, when I tried to enter a new
question with a "ç" to my database, the question field just cleared, so that it
contained only the "ç" when I'd punched Alt+0231.

A couple of experiments revealed what had happened: At the moment I pressed the
"2" on the numpad while holding the Alt key, the GUI treated this as a push of
the "2" button, and entered the card. For whatever reason, this did not happen
in version 1.1; there, the initial-grade buttons did not react while entering
an Alt-code.

Does anyone know a workaround for this? As I said, I guess it's not really a
big deal, but it is a bit disruptive until I've got used to the change...

Thanks for any enlightenment you can provide!

--
OleM