I tried this, but it doesn't work either:

1. In Mnemosyne, File> Export as tab-delim file.
2. Open in Notepad.
3. On Format> Font, change script to Central European
4. Find and Replace all the undesirable code and  's.
5. When you go to Save As, note that the encoding is UTF-8.
6. In Mnemosyne, File> New so it doesn't import into your other decks.
7. File> Import into Mnemosyne. Ensure you do (There is no progress 
indicator, so you'll see the spinning circle for awhile.)
8. None of your media files will be lined up even if you create a new media 
beforehand. (all 9000 src codes get changed to src_missing.)

I'm stuck. Editing each card individually is the only thing that doesn't 
crash the program. :(

On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 9:11:40 AM UTC-5, John Smith wrote:
>
> Peter,
>
>
> This page has the database: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/626697504. 
> It's an Anki database and I imported it into your program (because I like 
> your's better). When I first clicked on Cards> Browse Cards, it caused 
> those type of errors. It got so bad I couldn't do anything with that. So, I 
> deleted all traces of Anki and Mnemosyne, cleared everything inicluding the 
> backups, and started over with new downloads and installs of Mnemosyne and 
> that ASL package. I imported it and am editing the cards individually 
> because I can't find a way to group-do-it. For example, in the front 
> section, there is HTML for Watch, which only gets in the way. And then in 
> the two other sections are codes for centering, which aren't needed because 
> your's defaults to center. So, I'm manually going through each card and 
> deleting those codes.  The bad thing is that the "watch" line does not seem 
> to be part of a global template; it's actually on each card, so I have to 
> go to each card to clear it. That's all I got. Maybe you can take a few 
> minutes to import that package, and click all over it to see if you can 
> make some errors show up. (And AFA the UTF-8 thing, when I started getting 
> errors and was looking for a faster way to edit these out, I tried to 
> export a tab-lim file to Excel, and then edit it there, and import back, 
> but that's what caused one of the errors. As I understand it, Excel puts it 
> in UTF-16 by default, which your program doesn't like.
>
> Thanks for sticking with me. 
>
> Regards,
> John
>
> On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 12:44:41 AM UTC-5, Peter Bienstman wrote:
>>
>> Is this every time you do browse cards? Please mail me your database 
>> privately. 
>>
>> Peter 
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> *From:* John Smith <ncp...@gmail.com>
>> *Sent:* Friday, 2 February 2018 15:20
>> *To:* mnemosyne-proj-users
>> *Subject:* Re: [mnemosyne-proj-users] How to forward error messages
>>
>> I just added it to this post. 
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Friday, February 2, 2018 at 9:14:30 AM UTC-5, John Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Peter,
>>>
>>> What do I do with the screenshot? (Where is the dropbox for errors?) 
>>>
>>> On Friday, February 2, 2018 at 9:12:40 AM UTC-5, Peter Bienstman wrote:
>>>
>>>> You can grab a screenshot, e.g.with the Windows snipping tool. 
>>>>
>>>> Make sure you are on the latest Mnemosyne version before submitting a 
>>>> bug report, though. 
>>>>
>>>> Peter 
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>> *From:* John Smith <ncp...@gmail.com>
>>>> *Sent:* Friday, 2 February 2018 14:10
>>>> *To:* mnemosyne-proj-users
>>>> *Subject:* [mnemosyne-proj-users] How to forward error messages
>>>>
>>>> I keep getting messages that "An unexpected error has occurred. Please 
>>>> forward the following info to the developers:" and then a paragraph of 
>>>> info. I can't select the text to copy it, and there is no button to e-mail 
>>>> to a website or person. Are we supposed to re-type these, or is there 
>>>> another way?
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>> Groups "mnemosyne-proj-users" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>>> an email to mnemosyne-proj-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>>> To post to this group, send email to mnemosyne...@googlegroups.com.
>>>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/cff2d9a4-dd64-4ffd-957e-7e3e0881c0a4%40googlegroups.com
>>>>  
>>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/cff2d9a4-dd64-4ffd-957e-7e3e0881c0a4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>>> .
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>
>>> -- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "mnemosyne-proj-users" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to mnemosyne-proj-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to mnemosyne...@googlegroups.com.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/163f8709-2af0-4f4b-8aa9-40615dd77149%40googlegroups.com
>>  
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/163f8709-2af0-4f4b-8aa9-40615dd77149%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"mnemosyne-proj-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to mnemosyne-proj-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to mnemosyne-proj-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/5a65772f-d4a5-456e-8f0d-1ceb36d0a6e5%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to