Hi Mike

Yes, please send me your Mnemosyne folder and I'll try it out and see if I
can learn anything else. So far I haven't had much luck finding the issue
so maybe this will help

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018, 7:14 AM , <m.kefe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I came across this thread because my Mnemosyne was crashing (segfault) on
> editing cards. I am on macOS 10.13.3, using 2.6 it segfaults when I try to
> edit an entry. (Just using it to memorize and score works fine, funnily
> enough adding new cards works too.)
> So I tested with 2.6-qt5.10 version, this one does not segfault but shows
> a way too big editing popup window with garbage white/grey stripes =
> editing does not work but app stays alive.
>
> This is happening with a selfmade DB french/german vocabulary that grew to
> 1300 entries over the last 6month. After export in v2.x cards format and
> re-import (losing my scoring though) everything works fine again. I can
> send my segfault-causing ~/Libary/Mnemosyne folder if that helps.
>
> br
>  mike
>
>
> Am Montag, 12. Februar 2018 14:34:56 UTC+1 schrieb Dan Schmidt:
> > Some more data: this morning I was suddenly unable to run Mnemosyne at
> all (macOS 10.13.3, upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra a few weeks ago but
> had been running every day since). I would get a "Trace/BPT trap: 5" error
> that appeared to be happening inside Qt from the stack trace. I had a few
> old versions of Mnemosyne so I tried those; 2.4 had the same problem but
> 2.3.6 ran okay.
> >
> > I came to this group and discovered 2.6-qt5.10, which seems to be
> running fine (though as you say the style has changed somewhat). Thanks for
> that, and let me know if I can add any more useful information.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 10:43:21 PM UTC-5, Devin Howard wrote:
> > Hi Emily
> >
> >
> >
> > I'm not really sure what the problem is, but I tried making a special
> build of Mnemosyne 2.6 just for macOS that uses a newer version of some
> internal software ("qt 5.10")
> >
> >
> > You can find Mnemosyne-2.6-qt5.10.dmg at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mnemosyne-proj/files/mnemosyne/mnemosyne-2.6/.
> It looks a little old fashioned for some reason, and it might have
> different bugs, but it's possible it will fix your issue. Stranger things
> have happened!
> >
> >
> > Try it out and let me know if it works for you. You should be safe to
> switch between the Mnemosyne-2.6 app and the Mnemosyne-2.6-qt5.10 app if
> you don't like the new version.
> > On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 6:29:42 PM UTC-8, Devin Howard wrote:
> > Hi, I tried this out on my machine and I wasn't able to see an error.
> >
> >
> > Could you directly email me your database files so I can try with your
> set of cards? It should be everything under /Users/<your
> username>/Library/Mnemosyne
> >
> >
> > If you send me that, perhaps I'll be able to find out what the issue is.
> >
> >
> > As Peter said, it would also be interesting to know what version of
> macOS you are running (which you can find under "About this Mac" in the
> main apple menu).
> > On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 9:45:55 PM UTC-8, Emily Ritter
> wrote:Hello, yesterday I tried to download the new version of Mnemosyne and
> now I am no longer able to open the new one or the old one. I have a
> Macbook pro and every time I try to open either one, a notification comes
> up saying that Mnemosyne has quit unexpectedly. I had about 1000 flashcards
> on the original app and I haven't backed them up so I was really hoping
> there was some way I could access them again without losing my data! Thank
> you!
> >
> >
> >
> > Emily
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
> Google Groups "mnemosyne-proj-users" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mnemosyne-proj-users/f0Ov-JubbX4/unsubscribe
> .
> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
> mnemosyne-proj-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to mnemosyne-proj-users@googlegroups.com
> .
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/5eb098c4-15fd-4651-88e3-dc171c4e5627%40googlegroups.com
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"mnemosyne-proj-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to mnemosyne-proj-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to mnemosyne-proj-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/CAKr60uN_naYmzMaCH-rO8e08391QeoAx9N6qtYwHcJg7Vy%2BmTA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to