Unfortunately I'm also not much help, since I don't have a Retina display.
It should be possible to right-click the Mnemosyne application bundle,
select Show Package Contents, and then edit the Info.plist file inside the
Contents directory to update as described in the QT documentation Peter
provided. If it works, let me know. In theory I should update the
Info.plist as part of the next version of Mnemosyne so this fix is applied
to all users, but I haven't found a way to test the changes yet.