Hi
At the outset, I am sorry to use a very touchy example to drive my point.

When we have lost our sight or in some cases loosing it, does it do us any good
wishing we get our full vision back? We did not stop our life at this stage. We
have taken our steps to move ahead.

That is exactly  the stage we are presently with regards to the Symbian phones.
Agreed, the ease of use is not there in the touchscreen phones, however, we are
not on a dead end. We have good number of success stories amongst us using
touchscreen phones and we need to learn and share tips we pick on our way.

This positive mind set should be our motivation to see through this changing
times and we have the support of the list to see us through.

We should express our mind and grieveance with makers of the touch screen
phones to have key phones also as an option. The OS does not stop any
manufacturer in making a key based phones.

This is the approach to take to make any difference.

Let us now close this thread and I also empathise with the members to endure
this topic which keeps popping up time to time.

Harish Kotian