On 8/18/06, fimi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> now the bind method seems to bind the saveData function with
> 'this'..... which is throwing me off because it's a method of the
> Class, and i thought it has access to its members.

JavaScript is somewhat different to other OO languages in this respect
- when passing closures around, the "this" keyword is not always bound
as you expect. This is a common confusion point, esecially when
dealing with callbacks and event handlers

MochiKit has a convenience function in the Base module called
bindMethods. You can use this methods in your constructor by calling
"bindMethods(this)" - which basically calls bind(this.method, this)
for every methods in the prototype. This way you should get expected
behaviour and don't have to worry about "this".

Arnar