I think this is a good idea. I needed something similar too, so I
ended up writing an ugly hack that worked most of the time...

    d.addBoth(function (res) {d.addBoth(finalFunc); return res; });

It adds new callback once the first deferred result drops in,
hopefully after all the other callbacks have been added...

But a more formally correct solution would probably be a good idea.

Cheers,

/Per