Hello all,

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Bob Ippolito<b...@redivi.com> wrote:

> Finalizing a Deferred should ensure that no further callback/errbacks
> are registered and it should attach a default error handler (success
> should be no-op). The most common problem I've seen with Deferreds is
> that an error occurs but nobody attached an error handler that far
> down the stack. [...]

In order to handle this case, we have overwrote the 'callback' method
in our subclass of the Deferred class, to add a default Errback that
at least logs the error.

A similar solution could be probably used also in MochiKit, allowing
the user to optionally specify a specific error handler / finalizer.
This will allow any further check, as once the Deferred is triggered
it is already impossible to add further callback/errback.

I will check anyway the fix added to the repository to see how to
improve our current extension with the committed fix.

Giulio Cesare