Hi Aleksander and Mark,

Il giorno dom 12 lug 2020 alle ore 09:08 Aleksander Morgado
<aleksan...@aleksander.es> ha scritto:

> Hey!
>
> > I've attached a patch which uses the "custom regex" feature of the
> > existing parser in order to detect PPP and say that things are good.
> > A few things to note:
> >
> > * I created the regex based on data I saw output from my modem.  At
> > best it is correct, at worst it won't do any harm.
>
> I find this regex is extremely specific to your usecase. As you said
> it may be a fix, or it may not do anything, that isn't a complete
> solution, and I think we should try to find some other way to handle
> this if possible.
>
> I find it very very weird that the modem doesn't reply a CONNECT
> response after the ATD, that would be a very weird firmware bug! Maybe
> the TTY we're using for connection isn't the correct one? @Daniele
> Palmas @Carlo Lobrano Do you guys have any idea of why this may be
> happening in the ME310?

I recently used a ME910G1, which should be the same as the 310,
besides the form factor, but I do not remember such an issue. I'm
going to check again in the first days of the week.

@Mark, did you check if there's a more recent firmware update than the
one you are using?

> > * Ideally I would only use this for the ME310 modem, but I didn't see
> > a way to do that in the plugin.  I'm certainly open to suggestions.
>
> If we needed a quirk like this one, we could flag via udev with a new udev
> tag.
>
> > This particular device has a second port configuration (1bc7:1102),
> > which which  looks like this:
> >
> > /:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=atmel-ehci/3p, 480M
> >     |__ Port 2: Dev 7, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option,
> > 480M
> >     |__ Port 2: Dev 7, If 1, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option,
> > 480M
> >     |__ Port 2: Dev 7, If 2, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=option,
> > 480M
> >     |__ Port 2: Dev 7, If 3, Class=Communications, Driver=cdc_ether, 480M
> >     |__ Port 2: Dev 7, If 4, Class=CDC Data, Driver=cdc_ether, 480M
> >
> > I've not been able to get the cdc_ether portion working yet, although
> > I am hopeful.  If both ECM and "option" serial interfaces are
> > available, how does ModemManager choose between them?
>
> MM doesn't have any implementation yet to handle ECM interfaces in
> Telit modems, but that would definitely be preferred over PPP in a
> TTY.

Not sure that ECM is better than PPP for this modem, since
connection/disconnection requires a reboot of the modem.