I am having a problem similar to yours...  Whenever I try an connect to
Oracle (using DBD and DBI), I am getting a segmentation fault / child pid
exit error.  But this only happens under mod_perl, and only on one box in
particular.  If I move the exact same script to another box, everything
works great.  Also, if I write a command line perl script that talks to
Oracle (e.g., does not use mod_perl), everything is fine.  I ran into this
problem once before, and I forget what I did to fix it.  I don't recall that
it was anything in the script itself - perhaps a setting in one of Apache's
.conf files?

Throughout my testing today, I am led to believe it has something to do with
either Apache or mod_perl, and not with any particular script...  Any help
would be appreciated.

Jason Simms