On this thread, I am seeing a lot of things in the archives hinting
at issues and problems with Apache::Session ( DBI usage ) and high
end DB's like Oracle and SyBase.

What sort of success is anyone seeing using Oracle/SyBase with
Apache::Session. Apache::Session in a DBI context is crucial to our
development effort so that is a huge factor.

We are also looking at using Mason but I don't see any problems with
that right offhand.

John-

At 4:09 PM -0500 1/11/00, David Harris wrote:
>David Harris wrote:
> > What about PostgreSQL (www.postgresql.org)? It looks like it has
>transaction
> > management (commit, rollback) with the whole concurrency control thing. I
> > don't know if has views. I've got a small project that I am figuring on
> > using PostgreSQL for, so I'm curious to hear what people might have to say
> > about it.
>
>This link was just posted to the IMP list a couple min ago:
>
>    "Low-Cost Unix Database Differences"
>    http://www.toodarkpark.org/computers/dbs.html
>
>Stas, this might be a good link to drop somewhere in the guide.
>
> - David Harris
>   Principal Engineer, DRH Internet Services

Today I sniffed
Many dog butts-I celebrate
By kissing your face.
        -Doggie Haiku