Not long ago, Jeffrey W. Baker proclaimed...
> Postgres is very slow.  In my experience it was never fast enough to
> rise to the scale of the project.  Oracle can run really quickly with
> the right tuning and hardware,

Actually, PostgreSQL is also very tuneable. Documentation for PostgreSQL is
a bit lacking right now, but I understand there are books in the process of
being published and online documentation is growing. IMO, Postgres is the
closest thing you're going to get to Oracle without pulling out your
checkbook. :-)

-=Fozz

--
Doran L. Barton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Iodynamics LLC -- "Internetworking the masses"