Sean Chittenden wrote:

>         Hey.  This is kind of relevant regarding the latest hello benchmarks
> that were released.  I was sent this today and thought it would be of some
> interest to you guys, or at least those interested in benchmarks.
>
>         <http://www.caucho.com/articles/benchmark.html>
>
>         Supposedly, according to its benchmarks, it's faster than mod_perl...
> impressive to say the least.  Any chance someone has any experience with this
> or would like to benchmark this technology?  External validation would be
> pretty useful.  --SC
>
> --
> Sean Chittenden

I'll be benchmarking it on WinNT, which should give a good
relative value to the mod_perl environments I've tested.
Note that in the "hello world" benchmarks at

  http://www.chamas.com/bench/hello_bysystem.html

Scott from Caucho only benchmarked Registry scripts, but
didn't do the native mod_perl handler test, which runs
significantly faster, anywhere from 50% to 100% faster on
Linux from what I can tell, which would put it right next
to Resin's JSP Java for HelloWorld.

It would be great if someone with a Linux box could do
both a modperl handler & a resin jsp.  If Chip, Kimbro, or Dirk
submitted the bench, that would be great!, since they already
done a few on their Linux boxes to readily compare against.

-- Joshua
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA