On Wed, 02 Feb 2000, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> > I'm not trying to belittle Resin in any way -- in fact I'm impressed by
> > both its design and performance.  In learning about Resin during these
> > tests, I found that JSP is in many ways easier to use than mod_perl. The
> > smart caching that Resin does (with compiling .java -> .class, etc.) is
> > effective, and the XML configuration is a joy to deal with compared to
> > Apache's httpd.conf.

Actually what interests me more about this benchmark (which as you say -
are starting to get meaningless now anyhow) is the XML configuration. Would
people prefer to setup mod_perl using some sort of XML configuration,
because I might be interested in doing this, if there's interest.

Also, what's different between Resin's smart caching and mod_perl's? Is it
just like StatINC?

--
<Matt/>

Details: FastNet Software Ltd - XML, Perl, Databases.
Tagline: High Performance Web Solutions
Web Sites: http://come.to/fastnet http://sergeant.org
Available for Consultancy, Contracts and Training.