On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Drew Schatt wrote:

> I need to run mod_ssl, mod_perl, php, and mod_rewrite.
> The order I've been trying to use is, I go into the php folder,

IIRC, last time I mixed these three I started with mod_ssl.

1) configure and make install in the ssl directory
2) configure in the apache directory (as per the php3 instructions)
3) configure and make install in the php3 directory
4) perl Makefile.PL in the mod_perl dir, make, make test, make install

> Then, I go into the mod_perl folder, and run "perl Makefile.PL USE_APACI=1
> EVERYTHING=1 SSL_BASE=/usr/local/ssl APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache
> APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=ssl,--enable-mo
> dule=rewrite,--activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a".  This used to
> (under Solaris 7 on Sparc hardware) run just fine.  Now, however, I get
> errors when it is trying to generate the makefiles, like this:
> "Creating Makefile in src/modules/perl
> Creating Makefile in src/modules/php3
> Checking CGI.pm VERSION..........ok
> Checking for LWP::UserAgent......ok
> Checking for HTML::HeadParser....ok
> :/etc:/home/schatt/bin:.: Command not found
> apxs:Error: Sorry, no DSO support for Apache available
> apxs:Error: under your platform. Make sure the Apache
> apxs:Error: module mod_so is compiled into your server
> apxs:Error: binary `/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd'.

You'll want to add a --enable-module=so to your APACI_ARGS above.

- Matt