Jonas Nordström ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said something to this effect:
> Hello,
>
> In our organisation, we wanted the employees to be able to reach our
> intranet from anywhere on the internet. We have therefore made a gateway
> using an extra linux-server, SSL, Apache and mod-perl. We wanted to
> translate the incoming URL request, for example
> https://gateway_server/intranet_host/filename.html
> to an intranet request, in this case http://intranet_host/filename.html. We
> then fetch that file using HTTP::UserAgent, massage the links if it is a
> HTML file using HTML::Filter and send the response back to the client. This
> works fine, but is HTML::Filter the best way to go? Would it be easier using
> HTML::TreeBuilder or something else?
> I would be grateful for any input.
>
> Jonas Nordstrom

Have you considered ProxyPass, from mod_proxy, one of the standard
Apache modules (no mod_perl or custom programming required).

Something like:

ProxyPass /intranet_host http://intranet_host/
<Location /intranet_host>
  AuthName "Intranet"
  AuthType Basic
  ...etc
</Location>

This will set it up so that all request to
http://gateway_server/intranet_host/some/file.html get translated to
http://intranet_host/some/file.html (you need to be careful with
absolute pathnames on the intranet server's pages).

darren

--
Jazz is not dead...it just smells funny.