On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Jason Bodnar wrote:

> >JB> I didn't get much out of the mod_perl stuff at the ORA conference. Too
> much
> >JB> basic and not enough advanced stuff.
> >
> >What kinds of topics would you like to see covered.  I'm sure others
> >like myself would love to put together some talks and/or tutorials on
> >some subjects.  In '98 I spoke about performance tuning.  Is the '00
> >conference schedule already full or are they still seeking speakers?
>
> '98 was good. I spoke at that one as well with Mark Imbracio about using

Imbriaco, but it's the thought that counts. :-)

> mod_perl and databases. In '99 I seem to remember a two part into to
> mod_perl session as being the big mod_perl thing at the conference. I don't
> need intro talks.

There were numerous mod_perl talks at the last conference, but like you
said, they were mostly all intro-level talks.  Also, when the mod_perl
track had to compete with the other tracks, and there was something
interesting like the Quiz Show going on, I'm afraid that I was a mod_perl
deserter and went over to the other track. :-)

To be honest, I got _far_ more out of the BOFs than the scheduled talks
(not to mention beer with Andreas, John, and Doug over at that little pub
that was in walking distance ... :-)

-Mark