On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:

[...]
> I also think that I wouldn't attend a mod_perl only conference.  I can
> think of very few things that relate only or mostly to mod_perl.  A lot of
> other things are important to us, like Apache configuration, DBI
> programming, SSL, etc. [...]

"Me too".

mod_perl alone would be good, but together with the Perl (and other fairly
closely related subjects) is better.

Most of the code I work runs as much as regular daemons or programs as
under mod_perl, so for me the Perl part is as interesting and valuable.

If anything I would rather see efforts go to improving the oracon than
going to a similar type conference with all sorts of other scripting
thingies not at all interesting for me.

  - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>