Ken,

I've just checked & mod_rewrite is installed on the server in question.
I think this is the most elegant, as well as fool-proof solution. I
don't know much about mod_rewrite (yet!), but I'm guessing the
RewriteCond checks to make sure the host is whatever.domain.com. The
RewriteRule transfers the remainder of the path to the new host. Is this
right?

I managed to find Ralf's tutorial on mod_rewrite on his website (Cool
design BTW Ralf!). The URL is:
http://www.engelschall.com/pw/apache/rewriteguide/

--
Drew Taylor