Actually I can confirm that some of IE browsers refuse to support some
cookies. It sounds weird but I had a case when the broswer would
ignore cookies with 'expires' and accept without it. Though replacing
'expire' with 'Max-Age' helped.

The worst part is that the browser seemed to be "regular" IE 5.x

Andrei