On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 04:07:40PM -0700, Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is a combination of closures and PerlFreshRestart biting
(still no closures)

My example might be misleading, since I used x before it was defined (to make
the example short). Typical examples look like this:

my $global1;

sub func1_using_global1 {
}

sub func2_using_global2_and_func1 {
}

etc... Users of the module outside the module itself can get incosistent
views about which fucntion accesses which global.

> Most people do a "PerlRequire startup.pl" and then put all that stuff in
> startup.pl, which runs before the fork.  It will not be run twice because
> PerlRequire will see it in %INC, unless you use PerlFreshRestart.

I was under the impression that you cannot configure Apache from a
PerlRequire. If that is not the case (and somehow works) I'd really like
to get away from perlsections.

> Your sub &x is a closure.  That's why it returns the previous value of
> $x.  When it gets re-defined, it should start looking at the value of the
> new $x.

You cannot redefine closures as well.