> try this in httpd.conf:
>
> <Perl>
> delete $INC{'Apache/PerlVINC.pm'};
> require Apache::PerlVINC;
> </Perl>

Apache start up now (why does mod_perl not do this, can you
explain?), however I get the following error when trying to
access a page that contains the reloaded module:

----------------

[Wed May 24 09:00:15 2000] [warn] Apache::PerlVINC: reloading
'Ward/IDV/IDVDatabase.pm'

[Wed May 24 09:00:15 2000] [error] Can't locate
Ward/IDV/IDVDatabase.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at
/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/PA-RISC1.1/Apache/PerlVINC.pm line
59.

I played around a little bit and found that I have to put the
PerlVersionINC directive before the PerlINC directive (which
makes sense looking at the code) and then that works (you
might want to change this in your example, (and in the guide,
Stas)).

Thank you very much, your help has been invaluable.

Kees

PS. my offer of helping out mainting this module still
stands, I start understanding it better all the time.