 Hi again Geoff.  Thanks for the quick answer.  I actually tried adding

        return DECLINED if
                $r->content_type ne "text/html";

 at the top, which seems to stop the connection dead in its tracks (when
content_type ne 'text/html') and I get this:

Making HTTP connection to jim.sitepak.net.
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.

 I didn't think that looked right, but I wasn't exactly sure what returning
DECLINED did (in terms of the request process).  Any ideas?

Jim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]