Perhaps sending your startup.pl might help.

Then only time I had problems with Apache::DBI, I loaded Apache.pm in a
BEGIN{} block then everything else after and outside the block in my
startup.pl. That was to deal with an error when Apache::DBI was loaded.

--Jeff

At 10:28 AM 7/18/00 +0530, PHANI MADHAVI wrote:
>Hi,
>All the guidelines given in the guide have been followed.
>Specifically, there is a section which goes by the title ' my apache does
>not work '
>
>{{{{{
>
>Make sure you have it installed.
>
>Make sure you configured mod_perl with EVERYTHING=1.
>
>Use the example script eg/startup.pl (in the mod_perl distribution). Remove
>the comment from the line.
>
>      # use Apache::DebugDBI;
>

>and adapt the connect string. Do not change anything in your scripts for use
>with Apache::DBI.
>}}}}}
>
>we have gone through all the guidelines....
>But it is not working. It is still trying to search the 'module' in
>Apache.pm which obviously is not defined.
>
>Madhavi

Jeff Beard
Web:            www.cyberxape.com
Email:  jeff at cyberxape dot com