In a message dated 7/27/00 7:57:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>  > For instance...
>  >  <STYLE>
>  > TD {color: red;}
>  > .oneTD { color: yellow }
>  > </STYLE>
>  >
>  > Now, your TD cells are going to get the red (assuming you aren't using
>  > Netscape's
>  > broken CSS). But how could you force one cell to get the yellow?
>  > The normal way to do it would be
>  > <TD ID="oneTD"> but you have already used up your ID tag.
>  >
>  > Tell me if I am missing something.
>
>  The CLASS attribute.

Well, that takes care of the simple cases.

It's just simply bad style to name a fake attribute the same as a preexisting
real
attribute.

And sometimes the tag already has a CLASS and the person is using ID to
override
some aspects of the CLASS. That's what it is there for.

-JoshNarins

PS The thing I thought I might be missing might have to do with the ID tags
after
the preprocessor is done with them. For instance, if the user has two ID
tags, the
first one might get preprocessed, the second left for CSS.