On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 01:28:06PM +0200, Darko Krizic wrote:
> There is one big difference in the enhydra approach: The templates are
> standard HTML, because the id tag is part of the HTML standard. The
> designer can create the whole site and make a dry test, because all
> links even work.  The tags (with ids) can contain valid values.

That is neat :)

However, I contend that designers should be testing against a test
server, not their local hard drives, in which case the obvious thing to
do is put the templating engine on the test server (without the
app-specific perl code).

The advantage of this becomes obvious when you start using templating
techniques to share html code among pages: design bits, common
navigation for the site, for parts of the site, etc.  Then the plain
files for each of the pages can't be used statically for a "dry test"
anymore.

--
Roger Espel Llima, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.iagora.com/~espel/index.html