On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 02:05:22PM -0700, Carl Hansen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 12:02:42PM -0700, Pramod Sokke wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to install mod_perl 1.24 with Stronghold 3. I know stronghold
> > comes with mod_perl 1.22, but I want to use 1.24....
>
> same here. I don't know why stronghold can't get up to date, or give better
> instructions on doing the recompilation. But anyway, I was able to compile it;
> if anything, there are TOO MANY directions, all giving different advice.
> Here is some more:
>
> what i did was install stronghold via their script into /export/home/strongholdtest
> then
> cd /export/home
> zcat mod_perl-1.24.tar.gz | tar xvf -
> cd mod_perl-1.24
> perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../strongholdtest/src/ DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=0
>EVERYTHING=1
> make
>
> Note well USE_APACI=0 ie dont use it. Stronghold seems to be set up to build using
> the older system. You may have to go into ../strongholdtest/src/ and make sure
> Configuration is the way you want it.

one thing I forgot to mention.
in ../strongholdtest/src/Configuration
edit these lines:

before:
EXTRA_CFLAGS=`/export/home/strongholdtest/perl/bin/perl
-I/export/home/strongholdtest/perl/lib
-I/export/home/strongholdtest/perl/lib/site -MExtUtils::Embed -e ccopts`
EXTRA_LIBS=`/export/home/strongholdtest/perl/bin/perl
-I/export/home/strongholdtest/perl/lib
-I/export/home/strongholdtest/perl/lib/site -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts`
-Lmodules/extra -L../modules/extra -lm

after:
EXTRA_CFLAGS=` -MExtUtils::Embed -e ccopts`
EXTRA_LIBS=` -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts` -Lmodules/extra -L../modules/extra -lm

ie remove references to their unwanted perl installation

--
Carl Hansen
Pictopia.com, Inc.