Pramod Sokke writes:
 > Hmmm, the reason I'm not using Apache::DBI right now is coz our current
 > scripts are using DBlib to talk to Sybase. Looks like I have to make
 > thousands of changes all over the place after all and start using DBI.
 > Those of you folks already using Apache::DBI, can you tell me what kind of
 > message is logged in webserver error logs everytime a call to 'connect' is
 > made?

There's an Apache::Sybase::DBlib module floating around somewhere that
you could use if you don't want to make all those changes.

However, in general it's a lot better if you can avoid having API
calls all over the place.

For example in the app I'm currently writing there is only 1
subroutine that calls the database API (Sybase::CTlib, in this case).

This adds a bit of overhead in the perl code, but cuts *way* down on
the code maintenance!

Michael

[EMAIL PROTECTED]    -||-  http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler