Lupe Christoph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hmm. Apache::Benchmark sounds more like a benchmark driver to me.
> Apache::Instrumentation or so? Apache::Probe?

Profile or even just Prof.

I looked at this and really like the idea. Unfortunately I need to recompile
my Apache to use it.

What I think it needs is, a way to gather the statistics in a hash based on
the request. That way I can make a web page that pokes around in the hash
table and reports the average and maximum time taken by page.

I'm not clear how or if that can be done in a separate module like this that
doesn't know how the requests are dispatched. Either a regexp needs to be
provided that returns the key to use for the hash, or else something similar
needs to be integrated into packages like CGI and Apache::ASP. (Which was the
approach I was planning on taking myself.) I like this approach better though,
so it would be neat to see it polished.

--
greg