On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Evelin Halling wrote:
> I am using Apache::DBI for user authentication and it works just fine
> with one exception, it does not kill the sql backend server process
> starting up during authentication, so after some time postgres is
> running out of allowed backend server processes and authentication
> does not work any more.

That's what Apache::DBI does.  It makes your connections persistent.  If
you want the connections to be re-established and closed on every request,
don't use Apache::DBI.  If you want to use Apache::DBI for speed, try to
get your database to handle more connections or reduce the number of
mod_perl processes by using a proxy server.

- Perrin