> I'd have no problem if mod_perl was set up to turn off
> PerlSetEnv, lit-
> eral 'sub { ... }' handlers, Perl sections, and the use of
> Perl modules
> in non-system paths (except where ExecCGI is turned on).

Maybe another approach would be to explicitly list the handlers that
are allowed to be used in any given context.  Kind of
like 'Options', but for perl handlers.  Something like 'PerlOptions',
perhaps?

    <Location /users>
    PerlOptions "My::AuthHandler My::ContentHandler My::TransHandler"
    </Location>

Michael