This is a bit off topic as its not specifically mod_perl, but I wrote it
for use in a mod_perl environment, so I figure it will be useful to other
people.

HTTP::GHTTP is a lightweight HTTP client library based on the gnome
libghttp library. It offers a pretty simple to use API for doing HTTP
requests. This can be useful under mod_perl because the alternatives
(e.g. LWP) are quite large.

Example usage:

# short get() method
use HTTP::GHTTP 'get';
print get("http://axkit.org/");

# longer OO usage
my $r = HTTP::GHTTP->new();
$r->set_uri("http://xml.com");
$r->process_request;
print $r->get_body;

Supports proxies and authentication too. Heading to CPAN now.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **
 // \\| // **     Personal Web Site: http://sergeant.org/     **