On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Tim Bunce wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 10:57:46AM -0800, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>
> > We got past these problems and then ran
> > into issues with db corruption.  If Apache gets shut down with a SIGKILL
> > (and this seems to happen fairly often when using mod_perl),
>
> Really? Why? I've not been aware of anyone needing to do that.

I suspect Oracle's OCI libraries, since it seems to happen when something
has gone wrong on the database server, but I don't know for sure.  I just
see apachectl sometimes issuing SIGKILLs when it doesn't get a fast enough
shutdown from SIGTERM.

> Thanks for the info. Are there any other causes apart from SIGKILL?

There could be.  That was the only thing we were able to come up with that
made sense, but we couldn't make it happen in a test environment so it's
all somewhat mysterious.

- Perrin