Suddenly, Matt Sergeant uttered:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Salve J Nilsen wrote:
>
> > > 3. Automatic generating of html/ps/pdf/other formats. (html/ps/pdf are
> > > already working in the guide, other formats to come).
> >
> > I'd _very_much_ like a PDA-version of the guide! It might have to be
> > set up differently (e.g. code snippets presented with fixed a width
> > font should go into seperate files, and deep nesting of lists should
> > be avoided (max. 2 levels?)). Lots of UI improvements could probably
> > be made... :)
> >
> > The guide as it is, isn't much readable on my iPaq, at least. :(
>
> What's the format the iPaq can read? Isn't it an XML format?

HTML. There are two ways (AFAIK) to get web pages onto the iPaq: the
first is to use the "Mobile Favourites" feature in IE (Windows
PocketPC comes with a tiny version of IE), and the other way is by
using AvantGo, which might be looked upon as an IE application for
syncronizing web pages.

So actually, the format is HTML (dunno which versions Pocket IE can
handle, though. Maybe XHTML1.0 works? :)

I'd love to find out what might work, but it'll have to wait until
this weekend :)

- Salve

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
sub AUTOLOAD{$AUTOLOAD=~/.*::(\d+)/;seek(DATA,$1,0);print#  Salve Joshua Nilsen