Perrin Harkins wrote:

> We added that in, but haven't contributed a patch back because our hack only
> works on Linux.  It's actually pretty simple, since the data is already
> there on Linux and you don't need to do any special tricks with remembering
> the child init size.  If you think it would help, I'll try to get an okay to
> release a patch for it.
>
> This is definitely a better way to do it than by setting max size or min
> shared size.  We had a dramatic improvement in process lifespan after
> changing it.

I would like to see this, but how is it better than the min
shared size of Apache::GTopLimit ... I'm feeling a bit slow
to be missing this point.  On the other hand, it seems nice
to NOT HAVE to install libgtop for this feature, as
Apache::SizeLimit is just a raw perl module.  Sometimes
when you are trying to get things right, the less new code
the better!

-- Josh