I think that the problem here is that we've asked for more info and he hasn't
supplied it.  He's given us generics and as a result has gotten generic
answers.

1) What are the average hits per second that you are projecting this box to
handle?
2) What is the peak hits per second that you are project this box to handle?
3) We know you have a gig of ram, but give us info on the rest of the platform?

4) What's your OS like? Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Linux, FreeBSD, etc.  & which
version and/or flavor
5) What other processes are you running?
6) Do you have a Database?  Which one? A gig of ram is nothing to Oracle
    6a) Will be running queries constantly or will you be caching a lot?
7)  What other modules are you running?  PhP? SpeedyCGI? Axkit? Cocoon?
In short what is the server DOING at any given moment.  Until folks have a feel
for this no one is going to be able to offer you any insight beyond what you
already have.

--
Jimi Thompson
Web Master

"It's the same thing we do every night, Pinky."