"G.W. Haywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi Allysson,
>
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Allysson Flavio wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to put in our client's server only compiled scripts
> > or like???  Or can we change Perl source code to decript our files??
>
> I think you'd better read a book about C.
>
> Hi everybody else,
>
> Just asking, but am I the only one that gets a really bad feeling when
> people want to use Open Source Software to do things like this?  It
> seems kinda counter to the spirit of it all somehow.

One could argue that Open Source giving you the choice between the two
is more important than some people choosing a non-Free path.  Some
people choose to Open Source their work, others don't, but since Perl
(and just about every module) is under the Artistic License/LGPL
instead, say, of the GPL, it is implicitly allowed (and maybe arguably
encouraged) to not necessarily make all of your work Free.

Of course, it's much more preferable for people to release things into
the Open.  :)

Chip

--
Chip Turner                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                              ZFx, Inc.  www.zfx.com
                              PGP key available at wwwkeys.us.pgp.net