hello,
        okay, this may be a silly configuration problem, but I would
really like to know if its jst me with this problem. if it is, then i
dont mind
being hit around the hit and pointed to the appropiate place for further
reading.

        I have setup Apache (1.3.14) to use mod_perl for all the
perl scripts (.pl) on the webroot. Everything is working great, I have
written my own authentication procedures against postgreSQL 7 and
have also used the Apache::DBI. Thats not the problem.

        The problems arise when i try to use HTTP_REFERRER from
the $ENV enviroment. All the other variables are set jst fine
(HTTP_HOST,
HTTP_ACCEPT, HTTPS) but no HTTP_REFERRER. What am I doing
wrong to not 'obtain' this variable. it never shows up in the $ENV list.
Is this an oversight of mod_perl (v1.24).

        I need this to stop people from typing in URLS or jumping to
a location from a bookmark. If i cant do it this way, then I guess I
will
have to use the MD5 encrypted url checksum and do it that way.

        Thanks for your thoughts and input.
        Regards,
        Stefs