John wrote:
> Are you hitting the page directly? If so then you will not get a
referer.
> You have to link to it from another page in order for that variable to
be
> set. If the page is the first to load in the browser there is no
referring
> page.
> Just a thought!

no, thank you. it was a good question and it got me thinking.
I use the meta tags to push the person through the custom
authentication process. The thing that i notice is that all
the pages that are 'during' and the first one thereafter
(the main menu as it is) dont have this set.

When i link, they do. So i guess the moral of the story here
is that meta tag redirects DONT set the REFERER variable
at all.

which is good to know, but requires a bit of a hefty rewrite
on my end, and lots of checking the request_uri. Whelp.
thank you everyone. i cant believe it was that obvious,
but at least i will(should) have it working shortly.

satori and peace.
Stefs