I am running Freebsd 4.2, Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 5 subversion
3), Apache/1.3.14, mod_perl/1.24  (from ports collection).
Apache:ASP installed from cpan says:
Bundle id = Bundle::Apache::ASP
    CPAN_USERID  CHAMAS (Joshua Chamas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
    CPAN_VERSION 1.00
    CPAN_FILE    C/CH/CHAMAS/Apache-ASP-2.07.tar.gz
    MANPAGE      Bundle::Apache::ASP - Install Apache::ASP and related
modules
    CONTAINS     MLDBM Data::Dumper MD5 CGI HTML::Clean Net::SMTP HTTP::Date
Devel::Symdump Apache::DBI Compress::Zlib Tie::Cache Time::HiRes Apache::ASP
    INST_FILE    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Bundle/Apache/ASP.pm
    INST_VERSION 1.00

when i try to access the examples in site/eg I get thsi in error_log :
No valid request object (Apache=SCALAR(0x8461790)) passed to ASP handler; if
you are getting
this error message, you likely have a broken DSO version of mod_perl
which often occurs when using RedHat RPMs.  One fix reported is to
configure "PerlSendHeader On".  Another fix is to compile
statically the apache + mod_perl build as RedHat RPMs have been trouble.
Please check FAQ or mod_perl archives for more information.

any suggestions how to fix it?

thx