Hi Sander,
Thanks for the info, I read the article you suggested, and try to testout
the server-status (as oppose to the perl-status
as the example suggested,) but my testing was not quite right, hope you can
answer my questions

First I can't put the <IfDefine PERLDB> block at the beginning of the
http.conf (I got httpd.conf syntax error
when I run httpd -X -DPERLDB; Then I move the block to the end of the
http.conf file re-run the command then I get
% ./bin/httpd -X -DPERLDB
[notice] Apache::DB initialized in child 23415

the system is waiting for my call the request.
But when I call http://localhost/server-status I still don't got the debug
prompt. here I called server-status instead of perl-status. I guess I don't
understand how Debuger is configured into perl-status when
http://localhost/perl-status is called.
can you share some light on this?

Thanks,
PC
 The following is the additions in httpd.conf as described in the article.

<IfDefine PERLDB>

   <Perl>
      use Apache::DB ();
      Apache::DB->init;
   </Perl>

   <Location />
      PerlFixupHandler Apache::DB
   </Location>

</IfDefine>

In our first example, we will debug the standard Apache::Status module,
which is configured like so:
PerlModule Apache::Status
<Location /perl-status>
    PerlHandler Apache::Status
    SetHandler perl-script
</Location>

When the server is started with the debugging flag, a notice will be printed