On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Wang, Pin-Chieh wrote:

> First I can't put the <IfDefine PERLDB> block at the beginning of the
> http.conf (I got httpd.conf syntax error
> when I run httpd -X -DPERLDB; Then I move the block to the end of the
> http.conf file re-run the command then I get
> % ./bin/httpd -X -DPERLDB
> [notice] Apache::DB initialized in child 23415

You can only call this after you have loaded modperl and such.
So it might be related to that.

> the system is waiting for my call the request.
> But when I call http://localhost/server-status I still don't got the debug
> prompt. here I called server-status instead of perl-status. I guess I don't
> understand how Debuger is configured into perl-status when
> http://localhost/perl-status is called.
> can you share some light on this?

This is because you can only use Apache::DB to debug perl code.
mod_status.c (i.e. server-status) is written in C, so you will need to
use a C debugger such as gdb or dbx. See the earlier thread on that for
some useful hints.

Hope that helps,

--
Sander van Zoest                                         [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Covalent Technologies, Inc.                           http://www.covalent.net/