--- Original Message -----
From: Randy Kobes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Garry Heaton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: mod_Perl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 6:48 PM
Subject: Re: (beginner) Win32 installation / "Writing Apache Modules in
Perl& C"

> http://perl.apache.org/distributions.html contains links to how to
> install mod_perl via ActivePerl's ppm (Perl Package Manager), as
> well as some other Apache::* modules. For starting out on Win32 this route
> is probably the easiest, as everything you need to get started
> comes with the ppm distribution. After that, the docs at
> http://perl.apache.org/, especially the guide, and http://take23.org/
> contain lots of resources to get you going.
>
> best regards,
> randy kobes

I recently sucessfully (and easily) installed mod_perl on Win 98 by  using
ppm.
Buoyed by my success I tried to do the same with Apache::ASP (from the same
location), but this failed. I've so far been unable to catch the full output
of this attempt as it takes up more than one DOS screen - '| more' doesn't
work for ppm and I can't find any option for having the output printed to a
file.
All I get to view is the end of a html page which, I suspect, emanates from
Microsoft.
Any words of enlightenment ?
How can I catch the full output of the ppm command ? ( This is a question I
am about to put to the Active State mailing list. I probably should wait for
a reply from that list before posting here - but  I decided to raise this
now while the topic is current.)

Cheers,
Rob