On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 02:36:32PM -0700, Alan E. Derhaag wrote:
> I upgraded to v5.6.1 of perl and viewed the documentation for the
> Getopt::Std as I wasn't familiar with its use for command line
> arguments on a new install function I was building.  The docs indicate
> use of our( $opt_foo, $opt_bar ) should 'use strict vars' be in use.
> I wasn't familiar with this deprecated version of global variable
> definitions but I used it..  much to my chagrin when the install was
> actually performed on a perl v5.05003 equipped machine.

This hasn't got much to do with modperl, but ....

You installed 5.6.1, read the docs, used "our" and found it didn't work
on 5.00503, right?

That's because it's new with 5.6.  From where did you get the idea that
it is deprecated?  Quite the opposite is the case.

> How did an older version of Getopt::Std get installed with a later
> version of perl?

I don't think it did.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]