Does anyone see the value in a Throttle module that looked at
the apache parent status block and rejected any request where
another child was already busy servicing *that same IP* ?
(note: the real IP is in the header in a backend setup so it
 is not possible to dig it out across children without
 creating another bit of shared memory or using the filesystem?).

I'm still finding existing throttle modules do not pickup and
block parallel or fast request streams fast enough .. ok there are
no massive outages but 10 seconds of delay for everyone because
all demons are busy servicing the same guy before we can conclude
we're being flooded is not really great.. modperl driven forums
(or PHP ones even) can be killed this way since there are so
many links on one page, all active..

thanks for any thoughts on this.

-Justin