From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 10:42 AM
To: kyle dawkins
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Ultimate Bulletin Board? Jezuz.

Hi,

>> you might want to look into vBulletin, it is used on a lot of different
>> sites is written in php with a MySQL back end and looks very similar to
>> UBB.
>

>yes, but as an engineer i can't condone the use of PHP, sorry...

You might want to consider WWWThreads (http://www.wwwthreads.com/). Code
is simple to read/understand, and it works out of the box under
Apache::Registry.

>>>2. any problems with it under mod_perl?  I have it running fine under
>>>PerlRun but I am not so sure it'll behave under Registry.

Give up on this. If you have the resources to run mod_perl, no reason
you should be using UBB. Use something with an SQL backend. If you do
decide you want to stick with UBB, feel free to drop me an email as
I've written several conversion scripts and can give you some pointers
on how the member database is stored.

Cheers,

Alex

--