From: Jeremy Howard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 10:18 AM
To: Boyd, David; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Looking for answers using mod_perl and windows nt.

Boyd, David wrote:
> I am using Windows NT, running apache with mod_perl.
>
> The problem that I am having is that I am dynamiclly filling in the
options
> of a select box from a
> database.  now when a user selects a value, I expect that value to be on
the
> URL, but it is not.  I
> am currently saving the selected value to a hidden field, which does show
up
> on the URL.  Anyone
> know the reason why.

I'm not sure I understand your question, David. If you're saying that you
would expect the result of pressing a submit button in a form to be that
request is sent like 'http://some.host/file.pl?combo=value', then you need
to ensure that the form in your HTML is set to GET rather than POST style
encoding. But that's not really a mod_perl issue...